If you are interested in contributing to GBCHealth’s mission and have specific skills and expertise that you feel might help advance our programming and organizational development, please contact us at email@example.com. We are especially interested in individuals with strong backgrounds in business, partnership development and public health.
Current Employment Opportunities:
The Global Fund represents one of the most efficient avenues for business investment in the three pandemics, while also providing opportunities for co-financing and collaboration on the ground. To date, the Global Fund has committed USD 23.7 billion in funding to more than 1,000 programs in more than 140 countries—an unprecedented investment. GBCHealth serves the role of Focal Point for the Global Fund Private Sector Constituency (PSC), a group of companies committed to supporting the Global Fund’s mission to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
The Global Fund PSC internship offers a hands-on learning opportunity for graduate and senior undergraduate students seeking exposure to corporate social responsibility and public health issues. The PSC Intern will be involved in researching companies’ engagement with HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; tracking Global Fund programs, policies and announcements; assisting with preparation for Global Fund Board meetings; drafting news items for the website, e-readers, newsletters and print publications; developing presentations and communication materials; summarizing reports; note-taking at meetings and teleconferences; copy-editing print publications produced by the department; and conducting ad-hoc research on Global Fund issues as needed. Also, the Intern will at times perform administrative duties, including organizing correspondence, managing event logistics, coordinating e-mail and print mailings, arranging travel, and providing database support/maintenance.
This internship will span four months, with the possibility of an extension. The internship will take place virtually. All interested candidates should be available part-time, for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Full time is preferred. The intern will report to the Program Officer and Focal Point to the Global Fund Private Sector Constituency.
- Monthly PSC e-reader: Monitor the Global Fund website, PSC mailbox and other sources for new and relevant communication to share with the PSC Advisory Group. Draft the monthly summary e-mail.
- PSC newsletter: Assist with drafting articles
- PSC annual report: Support research, design and drafting of the PSC annual report
- PSC web page: Assist in drafting Global Fund/PSC specific articles for the GBCHealth website
- PSC marketing materials: Update the PSC PowerPoint presentation, contact lists and one-pager, as needed
Events (virtual and in-person):
- Quarterly calls: Track participants and take notes for calls
- Other teleconferences: Track participants and take notes for PSC task force calls and other calls, as needed
- Global Fund Board Meetings: Track participant attendance, draft report summaries and assist with PowerPoint presentations
- Event takeaways: Draft summary reports for PSC events that staff attend to share with Advisory Group and on GBCHealth’s website
- Prepare meeting and conference call notes for review
- Assist in tracking PSC member information—participation in meetings and teleconferences,
communications received, invoice payment, value delivered and other activities
- Ensure PSC and Global Fund folders on the GBCHealth shared drive are organized and up-to-date
- Update Salesforce with PSC activities and engagement with companies
Research and briefing:
- Summarize Global Fund documents and audit reports for dissemination to Advisory Group, as needed
- Prepare company briefs and conduct research to identify potential new PSC members and/or private sector donors to the Global Fund
- Strong writing, editing and research experience and skills
- Experience in project management and managing competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multi-task and adapt in a dynamic
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in an international organization a plus
- Advanced command of design software a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus
- Public health and strategic communications graduate students
- Recently graduated undergraduates with experience or interest in communications, business and public health
- GBCHealth’s Internship program provides students and professionals with a rich learning experience in a dynamic global organization
- The program is not salaried, but a modest stipend is provided
Send your resume and cover letter to Georgia Kinsley (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line, enter “PSC internship (Spring 2021)” along with your first and last name. For example: PSC internship (Spring 2021), Jane Doe.
No phone calls please. We will only respond to those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the internship description.
Location: New York City
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth works with companies worldwide to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
The Communications & Programs Internship offers a hands-on learning opportunity for graduate and senior undergraduate students, as well as recent graduates, who are seeking exposure to non-profit communications and management. The Intern will support GBCHealth’s range of communications activities and work areas, as well as help provide support to GBCHealth’s President and Director.
All interested candidates should be available part-time, full time preferred (minimum 20 hours per week).
- Provide programmatic support to GBCHealth’s various programs
- Assist with the publication of GBCHealth’s monthly newsletter, including developing and drafting articles as well as assisting with design activities
- Social media activities, including developing original content and identifying opportunities to engage with ongoing discourse
- Update and maintain GBCHealth’s knowledge management system (Salesforce), which serves as an organizational hub for keeping track of outreach to partners and contacts, and is used for GBCHealth’s email communications
- Maintain and develop content for GBCHealth and partner websites, including writing short blurb articles for GBCHealth’s Around Global Health article series
- Assist with Front Office and Operations tasks as required, such as meeting/event preparation research and attending staff conference calls
- Assist in the development of communications materials, such as briefings and presentations
- Additional duties to be determined
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and research skills suitable for varied audiences (corporate, NGO and academia)
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and proactivity
- Ability to work independently, under supervision and in a team-based environment
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects with multiple and often competing deadlines
The following skills and experience are preferred, but not required:
- Ability to write and speak in French is a major plus
- Knowledge, interest and/or experience in international public health and development, as well as private sector philanthropy and investment
- Background in communications, public health, healthcare, non-profits, corporate engagement, advocacy and/or media
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM or database management tool, or other related experience
- Experience using Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, preferably for an organization/corporation
- Experience with Adobe Creative applications (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML and/or WordPress
- Experience working in an international organization
- MPH (or related) graduate students
- Senior undergraduate students
- Recently grads with experience or interest in business and public health
GBCHealth’s Internship program provides students and professionals with a rich learning experience in a dynamic global organization. The program is not salaried; however a modest stipend will be provided.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a resume and brief cover letter to Matt Romney at email@example.com. In the subject line, please enter “GBCHealth Internship”. Please respond to the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in GBCHealth and this position?
- What makes you especially qualified for this position?
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis.