If you are interested in contributing to GBCHealth’s mission and have specific skills and expertise that you feel might help advance our programming and organizational development, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially interested in individuals with strong backgrounds in business, partnership development and public health.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Location: Switzerland preferred
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth works with companies worldwide to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria is a public-private partnership established in 2002 that raises and distributes funds to fight AIDS, TB and malaria, and innovatively manages and disburses these funds for effective prevention and treatment programs in Low and Middle Income countries (LMICs) impacted by the three diseases.
GBCHealth serves as the Focal Point for the Private Sector Delegation (PSD) to the Board of the Global Fund and is seeking Program Manager to act as the Global Fund Private Sector Focal Point. The Focal Point has primary responsibility to ensure the effective engagement and representation of the private sector on the Board of the Global Fund. As such, the Focal Point will engage as a representative of the PSD with Board constituencies, Global Fund Secretariat, and other stakeholders.
The Focal Point represents the PSD as an observer at Global Fund Committee meetings; supports the Board Member and Alternate at Board meetings; represents the constituency in engagement with the Global Fund Secretariat and at other forums; serves as a policy advisor to the delegation and PSD leadership; provides policy analysis and develops policy position statements on key issues for review by PSD leadership; coordinates the communication and joint partnership activities between the Global Fund Secretariat and the PSD; and works to grow and deepen engagement between the private sector and the Global Fund.
The Focal Point works closely with the Private Sector Board Member (Mr. Sherwin Charles, Goodbye Malaria and Nando’s), the Private Sector Alternate Board Member (Mr. Paul Schaper of MSD) and the GBCHealth leadership team to expand the private sector’s role in supporting the Global Fund’s mission to combat the three diseases and advance global health and development goals.
- Working with PSD leadership and constituency to create a strategy and work plan to advance policy and other Board-level work in an efficient manner, while liaising with other Board delegations (e.g. governments, foundations, civil society, communities affected by the diseases, and technical partners) and with the Global Fund Secretariat
- Maintaining robust and detailed understanding of Global Fund strategy, policy and governance issues (and PSD history) to enable provision of advisory support to PSD in a neutral capacity
- Leading partnership activities with the Global Fund’s private sector team and other global and Geneva-based institutions in support of private sector engagement around the three diseases
- Ensuring effective communications with and between the PSD leadership and constituency, orchestrating active PSD participation at Board meetings, and developing constituency positions and documents for Committee meetings and Board meetings, other Global Fund forums and its annual retreat
- Enabling the active engagement of the Private Sector on Global Fund Board Committee work, facilitating policy and strategic dialogue within the PSD, and drafting clear, concise and appropriate policy and position documents
- Supporting the Chair of the Donor Group (Paul Schaper, MSD)
- Developing the PSD network and PSD engagement globally, including maintaining and growing relationships with existing member companies, identifying new prospective members and securing commitments from new members
- Overseeing the preparation of timely constituency communications and marketing materials (e.g. newsletters, one-pagers, presentations, briefing documents, minutes and annual reports)
- Overseeing the management, governance compliance, and budget of the PSD
- Managing PSD Program Officer who supports the Focal Point on policy analysis, preparation of statements, summaries and minutes, task force and committee leadership, outreach to PSD members, meeting/event logistics and administration
This position reports to the Program Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Private Sector Focal Point should have the following skills and experience:
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills, including experience establishing and maintaining relationships with senior corporate leaders, ability to foster a collegial atmosphere of engagement across a diverse constituency, client-focused attitude and dedication to meet and exceed expectations from external partners
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to translate complex reports and policy issues on a wide range of topics into clear, concise and strategic briefs, position statements and talking points
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Global Fund, its strategy, governance and operations, and/or of comparable international multi-lateral organizations
- Ability to represent the PSD and GBCHealth at a senior level internally and externally
- Experience working with the private sector on global health and development issues; experience and knowledge of public-private partnerships preferred
- Solid knowledge and capacity for thoughtful analysis and synthesis of global public health and development policy issues, institutions and trends
- Self-starter with the ability to be self-directed, to manage an independent work load and to identify priorities and new opportunities with minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills, including capacity to establish and implement a structured work plan with clear objectives, timelines and deliverables, and to build and manage a $300-$400K annual project budget
- Strong team player with ability to manage and motivate a small team and to leverage wider GBCHealth relationships and competencies for the benefit of PSD priorities, and vice versa
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage and deliver against multiple, overlapping short-, medium- and long-term priorities and deadlines
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally, including long hours during and in the lead up to twice-annual Global Fund Board meetings
The Focal Point ideally will be based in Switzerland. He/She must be committed to the fight against HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria and for better health for all, and must demonstrate a positive, open attitude and willingness to work hard and strategically in fast-paced environments where teamwork and partnership is essential.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should email resumes to Svetlana Kouzmina at email@example.com. Please respond to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What makes you especially qualified for this position?
- What makes you both a good leader and team player?
Deadline for submissions: June 24. Resumes will be reviewed as received.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.