If you are interested in contributing to GBCHealth’s mission and have specific skills and expertise that you feel might help advance our programming and organizational development, please contact us at email@example.com. We are especially interested in individuals with strong backgrounds in business, partnership development and public health.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Program Officer, Global Fund Private Sector Delegation
New York, United States
GBCHealth is the pre-eminent organization focused on business engagement in support of meeting global goals for health. Our vision is a global business community that contributes its assets, skills, influence and reach to create a healthier world for employees, their families, and communities. GBCHealth works with companies worldwide to guide, support, encourage and champion their engagement in global health. To achieve its mission GBCHealth also works closely with the United Nations, U.S. government, many foreign governments, multilateral organizations and civil society.
Position Summary and responsibilities:
GBCHealth currently serves as the Focal Point for the Private Sector Delegation (PSD) to the Board of the
Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. The Global Fund is an independent, public-private
partnership established in 2002 that is working to attract significant new resources to fight AIDS, TB and
malaria, and to innovatively manage and disburse these funds for effective prevention and treatment
programs in countries with greatest need. GBCHealth engages with dozens of committed businesses and
provides an entry-point for the private sector to bring their expertise, assets and networks to the Global
Reporting to Senior Manager and PSD Focal Point, Program Officer will be responsible for Global Fund
policy analysis, summaries of policy documents, outreach to PSD members, and preparing private sector
position statements. Program Officer will also support Senior Manager in his/her capacity to manage
and coordinate the PSD’s representation on the Board of the Global Fund.
Core responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Writing policy summaries in advance of Global Fund Board and Committee meetings; maintaining robust and detailed understanding of Global Fund strategy, policy and governance issues
- Leading a number of PSD task forces to develop constituency positions on Global Fund strategies and policies; preparing briefing documents, summary materials, collating PSD member feedback and facilitating consultative calls
- Curating content, writing and editing the tri-annual PSD newsletter and Annual report to disseminate information about PSD and Global Fund activities and strategies to a wide constituency of private sector and global health stakeholders
- Support PSD Senior Manager in organizing PSD in-person and virtual events, including logistics, preparing materials, pre-reads and drafting minutes and summary reports
- Support PSD Senior Manager in PSD member prospecting and recruitment
- Support general administrative activities of the team including tracking RSVPs to events, preparing logistics guides, invoicing and tracking expenses, updating contact and marketing materials, providing onsite support at events
Skills and Qualifications:
Program Officer should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to translate complex reports and policy issues on a wide range of topics into clear and focused briefs
- Solid knowledge and capacity for thoughtful analysis of global public health and development policy issues, institutions and trends
- Experience working with the private sector on global health and development issues; experience and knowledge of public-private partnerships preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Global Fund, its strategy, governance and operations, and/or of comparable international multilateral organizations preferred
- Willingness to travel internationally 3-5 times per year, including long hours during and in the
lead up to twice-annual Global Fund Board meetings
- A master’s degree with specialization in public health (preferred) or another relevant field and 3-5 years of work experience or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should email resumes and cover letters to Svetlana Kouzmina at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.
Global Fund Private Sector Delegation Internship
New York, NY
The Global Fund represents one of the most efficient avenues for business investment in the three pandemics, while also providing opportunities for co-financing and collaboration on the ground. To date, the Global Fund has committed US$ 23.7 billion in funding to more than 1,000 programs in more than 140 countries – an unprecedented investment. GBCHealth serves the role of Focal Point for the Global Fund Private Sector Delegation (PSD) – a group of companies committed to supporting the Global Fund’s mission to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
The Global Fund PSD internship offers a hands-on learning opportunity for graduate and senior undergraduate students seeking exposure to corporate social responsibility and public health issues. The PSD Intern will be involved in researching companies’ engagement with HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; tracking Global Fund programs, policies and announcements; assisting with preparation for Global Fund Board Meetings; drafting news items for website, newsletters and print publications; developing presentations and communication materials; summarizing reports; note-taking at meetings and teleconferences; copy-editing print publications produced by the department and conducting ad-hoc research on Global Fund issues as needed. Also, the intern will at times perform administrative duties, including organizing correspondence, managing event logistics, coordinating e-mail and print mailings, arranging travel, and providing database support/maintenance.
This internship will span four months. All interested candidates should be available part-time (minimum 20 hours per week). The intern will report to the Senior Manager and Focal Point Global Fund Private Sector Delegation.
- Monthly PSD e-reader: monitor the Global Fund website, PSD mailbox and other sources for new and relevant communication to share with Advisory Group, draft the monthly summary email.
- PSD newsletter: assist with drafting articles.
- PSD web page: assist in drafting GF/PSD specific articles for the GBCHealth website.
- PSD marketing materials: update the PSD PowerPoint presentation, contact lists and one-pager, as needed.
Events (virtual and in-person):
- Quarterly calls: track participants and take notes for calls.
- Other teleconferences: track participants and take notes for
- Strategy/Finance/Procurement/Health Systems Strengthening task force calls and other calls, as needed.
- Global Fund Board Meetings: track participants, draft report summaries and assist with PowerPoint presentation.
- Event takeaways: draft summary reports for PSD events (for Focal Point review) to share with Advisory Group and on GBCHealth’s website.
- Prepare meeting and conference call notes for review.
- Assist in tracking PSD member information – participation in meetings and teleconferences, communications received, invoice payment, value delivered and other activities.
- Ensure PSD and GF folders on the GBCHealth shared drive are organized and up-to-date.
Update Salesforce with PSD activities and engagement with companies.
Research and briefing:
- Summarize Global Fund documents and Audit reports for dissemination to Advisory Group, as needed.
- Prepare company briefs and conduct research to identify potential new PSD members and/or private sector donors to the Global Fund.
- Experience in project management and managing competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multi-task and adapt in a dynamic environment
- Strong writing, editing and research experience and skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working in an international organization a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com a plus
- MPH graduate students
- Recently graduated undergraduates with experience or interest in business and public health
- GBCHealth’s Internship program provides students and professionals with a rich learning experience in a dynamic global organization.
- The program is not salaried; however a modest stipend will be provided.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, enter “PSD Spring 2018” along with your first and last name. For example: PSD Spring 2018, Jane Doe.
No phone calls please. We will only respond to those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the internship description.